Friday, May 03, 2013

ISBAN's Reading Corner

ISBAN in-company lessons


Please find here extracurricular materials, a place to ask questions and also to leave comments.

Good Luck! 



warm-up with music 'Mad Trio' musical composition





DO WE DRINK TOO MUCH COFFEE? (article)



This article has reactions by people to the bcc article above



And this from a Chilean student of mine:

Actually I prefer tea instead off coffee, but it doesn’t mean that every Chilean has my same likes J

In Chile, we use to have the “the tea time” or known as “once”, is a meal between lunch and dinner, in Argentina it’s like “merienda”. In this meal the Chilean people use to drink tea, that’s why the name “Tea time”. So thinking about this we can infer that Chilean people prefer tea, although there are a lot of starbucks and other coffe places in the city.

I hope my answer will help you!





state

froth

brew

career

Sibling

pang

(to) tend

outlook

(to) stifle

(to) get on with

streak




Next week...


4 comments:

  1. Hi guys!
    I just wanted to share this site with you:
    http://www.engvid.com/english-lessons/
    Take a look when you have time. It seems useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! I especially like the way you can search by level, teacher, and topic. I will 'keep an eye out' for useful materials. Cheers.

      Delete
    2. I had not seen the search tools but they are really good! :)
      Thanks Matt!

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHA The Song!!!! It's hilarious!!! We are geniuses XD

    ReplyDelete